What is happening this month at Sleep Unlimited? – September 2022
We hope you have all had a wonderful summer! After a month of reflecting on all we have learnt in the first half of the year we are very excited to be getting back in the swing of things. This month we are delivering our Lunch & Learn session and our Sleep in Complex Conditions Course.
Lunch & Learn
We have our free Lunch & Learn Session next week on the 7th of September at 1pm-2pm via Zoom. Our Lunch & Learn sessions are designed to introduce the subject of insomnia for professionals working with people who have either sustained a life changing injury or who live with complex conditions. The objectives of the hour long workshop are to learn:
- why sleep is so important in rehabilitation and ongoing care
- how improved sleep can help clients to engage with care interventions
- the impact it has on both physical and mental health
- how to easily screen clients for sleep problems, and what help there is available if their clients are struggling with sleep
If you would like to attend the Lunch & Learn session, please contact email@example.com to reserve your place.
We also provide bespoke Lunch & Learn sessions for organisation, so if you have members of your team interested in our Lunch & Learn session, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
Sleep In Complex Conditions Course
Our Lunch & Learn sessions are a taster for our day long Sleep In Complex Conditions Course, which we are delivering online on the 13th of September. Similarly to our Lunch & Learn session the course is aimed at professionals working with people who have complex difficulties to manage in their lives.
This day-long workshop will detail:
- The science of sleep
- Age-related changes in sleep
- Physiological and behavioural mechanisms which control sleep
- The assessment of sleep problems in people with complex presentations
- The use of evidence-based psychological and behavioural treatment interventions with proven efficacy and recommended by NICE – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia (CBTi)
This will be our last Sleep in Complex Conditions course of 2022 so don’t miss out, book your place here: https://sleepunlimited.co.uk/next-courses/